Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Week 10 - Winter (December 5, 2011)

Winter makes me think of how it gets dark early in the evening, so for Week 10's theme I went for a clear, dark, night sky.


Dark blue - Essie's Aruba Blue
Sparkle blue star trails - China Glaze Dorothy Who?
Black - Sinful Colors Secret Admirer + 1 coat of China Glaze Fairy Dust
Dorothy Who? is a lovely blue glitter that I used for the star tails (just free-handed it with the polish brush). The stars themselves are stickers, and only the thumb and ring finger got rhinestone ones. The accent finger is Secret Admirer, a really pretty black polish loaded with silver micro glitter. To emphasize the fully starry night effect, I added a coat of CG's Fairy Dust, a super dense holo-micro glitter polish in a clear base.

Sorry for the blurriness. I took this on my cell phone at the time. It then got slightly corrupted uploading to Facebook and then being re-saved to my desktop a few months later.

No comments:

Post a Comment