Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Week 9 - Rainbow (November 28, 2011)

Purple, China Glaze's Coconut Kiss
Red, China Glaze's Red Pearl
Orange, China Glaze's Japanese Koi (Neon)
Yellow, Orly's Hook Up
Green China Glaze's In The Limelight (Neon)
I painted all of my nails white and then cut thin strips of tape to lay over each nail at random. Then I painted over with one layer of a color and then lifted off the tape.This one did not turn out like I had imagined in my mind because I did not have proper tape for this style of taping. I used regular scotch tape and cut each piece various sizes of thinness. However, the chemicals in the polish ate at and weakened the tape so that when I tried to pull it up, it would instantly break as if brittle. I ended up tweezering the tape off, bit by bit, and getting polish everywhere on my other hand.

Though I didn't know it at the time, what I needed was tape more resilient, like blue painter's tape or those fancy shiny nail strips.

No comments:

Post a Comment